Monday, October 13, 2008

My Birthday

We celebrated my birthday in Chicago with my sister and her family and my brother and his wife. Tradition holds that the birthday girl/boy gets to pick the meals of the day. My choice: Eggs benedict and fresh fruit for breakfast and Daddy cooking for me... his choice. True to form, he chose Asian, which I love. We had sushi and Korean food... super yummy. He is an amazing cook. My sister took me shopping while my sister-in-law watched (count them) 8 kids! The family bought me a couple of outfits, head to toe, jewelery, clothes and shoes. My sis picked out gold high heels, and I even agreed. Such a stretch from my normal all black ensemble.
I chose banana splits for desserts. I hadn't had one of these since Ferrell's when I was a kid.
Not a flattering picture of me, but one where there is enough light to see my hair. I had a crazy idea while I was in Boston that I should go dark and color my hair all one color. I had it professionally done, but it just wasn't me. So I had it highlighted for my birthday and had tons of layers put into it because my hair tends to grow out like a mushroom, and that's just not attractive. Thanks to my family for spoiling me for the day.

6 comments:

wgp said...

I spent an hour pouring over your pictures and comments. I love these blogs, help me feel included in your life. thanks, and GREAT hair!

Love from your greatest cheerleader.

Valerie said...

Oh, Happy Birthday! And you look so cute!

Cheryl said...

Your hair looks so cute, as does your shirt. We miss you guys but are glad to see you're having fun!

scooping it up said...

your hair looks fabulous, the cut is fantastic!!! happy birthday!

Tiffany Jones said...

Happy belated Birthday! We've seen a lot of birthdays now haven't we?

Jessica said...

I think you look awesome! happy birthday!!!